Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hello out there! I have had a good fun ride of a year since my last blog post and I am going to pretend that it has not been that long. We are now ready for the summer to come and thanks to Colin we now have a wonderful sandbox in our yard to play in. Halle loves it, but I think that I might love it just a little more than her. It is just so fun to walk barefoot in sand! We also just enjoyed a fun week with Kevin and Sarah and Simon who came to stay at our place until Sarah delivered their baby since they live 2 and a half hours from the hospital and we only live about 30 minutes or so away from it. I actually made the trip from our house to the hospital really really fast because I happened to have been the one driving Sarah to the hospital while she was in labor. We arrived there just in time because she delivered baby Janie about 10 minutes after arriving! Janie didn't even wait for her Dad to get there. Boy we sure were cutting it close. I have only heard stories or seen movies where a delivery has happened so fast! I am grateful to have been a part of it though. It will always be a fun memory to share and I can't wait to share it with Janie when she is older. We are so excited to have a new niece!

Our awesome new sandbox that I love to play in (and so does Halle)
Halle and her cousin Simon ready to show off some cooking skills.

Halle in her Easter dressWho could resist this gap!



Here is our beautiful new baby niece and Halle's new cousin Janie

5 comments:

The Zouns said...

Halle has grown up so much and is such a doll.

Trisha said...

Yes an update!!!! I love the drive to the hospital story, I think I've told it to like everyone I know. Good work getting that baby to the hospital to be born instead of in the car!!

Rachel said...

I agree with everything Gwee said! Halee is beautiful and she has that gap just like my girls! If you're lucky, she may have to get that skin flap thing under her top lip snipped like Kait did. I'm pretty sure Brynna's going to need it too. I'm glad we got together the other night, it was fun!

Delli said...

Hooray for a new post! I didn't see the sandbox when we were there - but it sure looks fun. Hope you enjoyed Disneyland!

Sarah said...

I LOVE new posts from you. Simon loves them too. Each picture he said, "oh, it's Halle." Or "Oh, it's Simon." We can't wait to see you next weekend and THANK YOU again for everything you did to help with our Janie...especially the getting me to the hospital in time.:-)